Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Slacker.com Blog #8

On this blog I will be explaining the pros of listening to www.Slacker.com. It is an online station that is customizable. I was introduced to the website by one of my friends and I decided to listen to it on their computer. We jammed to the station in his apartment. I will suggest this website to my friends from here on out. The website will attract a wide variety of people of all ages. The reason is because there are numerous amounts of choices of music to listen to. The thing that makes slacker radio different from another internet based music station is that slacker did not make the listener subscribe to the website. In contrast to that example Pandora pressures a new user to subscibe and make an account which is annoying in my opinion.
The website allows any user to pick a category of music. The categories are by genre of music such as: Hip Hop, New Country, 80’s 90’s and today, Comedy, Alternative, Classic, Rock, R&B Hits, Soft Hits, Smooth Jazz, and Soft Rock. Any internet user has twenty-four-seven access to www.slackercom. The owner of the website is Broadband Instruments.
While the music was playing there were some commercials in-between songs. Some of the commercials talked about Geico, the car insurance company, another commercial explained the highlights about a website named Twitter. There was also a movie advertisement that talked about “She’s Out of My League.”

No comments:

Post a Comment