Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Blog #9 CNN 1190

The radio station that I decided to listen to was CNN 1190.The calls letters for the station is KFXR. It is an AM broadcasted station. It is sent out from Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas. There are two ways to listen to CNN 1190 and those are: by radio or online. The radio stations website is http://www.cnn1190.com/main.html . I clicked on listen live on the webpage and the genre of music that is played is Classic Country. In-between songs commercials are advertised. Some companies that were advertised are Office Max, and Money-Sets.com. Many commercials were played in fact only two songs played then more than four commercials played in the gap.
The intended audience is older people. The reason I came to this conclusion is because younger people do not enjoy exponential commercials. But I do think that both young and old will enjoy the music played on the station. The urban community will find the information talked about important to know about. The reason being is that urban communities are immediately impacted by the governmental happenings.
CNN 1190 is different from other stations that I personally listen to while happen to only be FM broadcasted stations. I came to realize that AM stations are more talking based than FM stations. And I will not listen to AM broadcast on my time, only for a school project.

No comments:

Post a Comment