Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Blog #6 K104.5 FM

The radio station that I listened to for this blog was K104 FM. It is an urban based radio station. It hosts Hip Hop, R&B, Rap, and Pop. K104 attracts people of all ages. I decided to listen to the station on line in my dorm room. The website for the station is http://www.k104fm.com/. I clicked on listen live. All I had to do was download software provided from a link that was on the web page. The station is broadcasted from Dallas, Texas. If you would like to mail them there mailing address is 621 NW 6th St Grand Prairie, Tx 75050.
The Corporate Boss of K104 FM is TJ and his right hand man is Nate Quick. The main announcers are Skip Cheatham and Da Playground. The crew is made up by Skip Cheatham, DeDe McGuire, Sam Putney, Chris Arnold, and Lady Jade. They DJ during starting in the morning and finish in the late afternoon. I enjoyed listening to the station because the Disk Jockeys were nice to all of the people who called in. This asset sets them apart from the previous radio stations that I have listed to. I plan on tuning in daily to listen live from the internet.
During some of there infomercials they sell tickets to concerts, sports events, and also have answer peoples calls to grant money prizes. They also had commercials about Pier 1, Care One Credit, Hands only CPR, Speak up or else, Knowhowtogo.org, IAVA.org, www.knowitsacts.org, feedthepig.org, and Autismspeaks.org

No comments:

Post a Comment